Open 7 days.
How do I get to Nepal?
– Nepal has only one International airport i.e Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) which is located in Kathmandu.Nepal Airlines is the national flag carrier of Nepal , many other airlines also operates flights to Kathmandu via major cities around the world.
While coming by land, what are the entry points?
– All visitors coming to Nepal by land can enter through any of these entry points on the India- Nepal Border: Pani Tanki/Kakarbhitta Raxual/Birgunj Sunauli/Belahiya Rupaidiya/ Nepalgunj Mohana/Dhangadi Banbasa/Mahendranagar, Gaddachauki and Khasa,Liping/ Tatopani on the Tibet,China-Nepal border respectively. Overland tourists entering the country with their vehicles must possess a complete customs formalities.
From the airport, how do I get to the city centre?
– There are taxi-drivers, travel agents and hoteliers waiting outside the airport terminal to offer their services to you. Pre-paid taxi service is also available at the airport.
Is there an airport tax in Nepal?
– Yes. It is already included in your ticket. But on domestic routes, a separate airport tax of Rs.200 is charged before boarding.
What is the currency of Nepal?
– Currency is known as Nepalese Rupees. 1 dollar = NPR 100
What are needed to get a visa?
– A valid passport and one passport size photo with a light background . Immigration Department has not specified the size of the passport-size photo. Visa can be obtained only through payment of cash in the following currency : Euro, Swiss Franc, Pound Sterling, US dollar, Australian dollar, Canadian dollar, Hong-kong dollar, Singapore dollar and Japanese Yen.
When is the best time to visit Nepal?
– October and November are considered the best time of the year. The main festivals, Dashain and Tihar (greatest Hindu festivals) fall during these months. The sky will remain clear and pleasant temperature. February-May are also good time for travel, as you will see rhododendron bloom.
What to wear?
– Light, loose garments are recommended in spring (March, April and May) and summer (June, July and August), while woolens and jackets or similar warm clothing are needed from November to February.
Are there ATMS in Nepal?
– There are ATMS in Kathmandu, Pokhara and other big cities in Nepal that accept AMERICAN EXPRESS, VISA and MASTERCARD.
Are credit cards accepted in Nepal?
– Major hotels, travel agencies, restaurants and curio shops accept AMERICAN EXPRESS, VISA and MASTERCARD.
If I run out of money, how do I get access to more funds?
– You can draw funds against your AMERICAN EXPRESS, VISA and MASTERCARD cards in Kathmandu. The service premiums for doing this, however, could be high. You can also have money wired directly to Kathmandu through any major bank within two to three working days.
Is the international driving license accepted in Nepal?
What is the phone code of Nepal?
– Area code for dialing to Nepal: Country code: (977) Kathmandu city code(01) Phone Number (4267890)
Is travel insurance necessary to go trekking in Nepal?
– Helicopter services are available should you fall sick or meet with an accident while trekking. However, such rescue services are expensive. So comprehensive travel insurance is advised to cover emergencies like helicopter rescue and medical treatment.
– There is accommodation ranging from 5-star chain hotels and resorts to comfortable lodges in Kathmandu and major tourist destinations. The hotels offer specialty restaurants, conference facilities, exclusive health clubs and business centers. You also have the option of home-stay where you can stay in local houses with the local people and enjoy their traditional food.